- The Marie Curie Cancer Care charity shop (that's a tongue twister), to give away some clothes that the kids have outgrown.
- The Post Office to mail postcards. From Paris. Sorry everybody!
- Just Sew, to have them sew new buttons onto my black coat. It's old old old, and in the past two months all the buttons have fallen off but one. I've been clutching it closed since Stuttgart. I know I could save 10 pounds if I did it myself. Shut up already!
- Jeneil Jewelers, to have them solder Eleanor's charms onto her charm bracelet. They keep falling off.
- J Anderson Butchers to buy beef olives for dinner tonight. There's beef, and also sausage, but no olives, in a beef olive. I don't know why they're called that, and neither does J Anderson. I asked. I'll brown them, and then bake them in tomato sauce. I add olives to the sauce cause I think it's not only funnier, but yummier too. I'm such a rebel.
- The market, for wine and veggies and a baguette for dinner tonight (we forgot the milk - so someone has to go back).
- Popeye's Sandwich Shop for sandwiches to take home for lunch. They threw in free chips for the kids, cause they know how much our kids likes chips. It's our neighborhood -- they know us.
We left carrying bags of clothes, and coats with buttons, and we came back with the bags full of groceries and wine and lunch. We never left our block. The whole trip was a little more than half an hour. HALF AN HOUR! While we walk around our neighborhood one of us always ends up singing Walkin In LA. Wakin LA-Hey. Nobody walks in LA.